Mexican Wedding Cookies (now with recipe)
Cooling, with just the 1st round of powdered sugar
To view photo in Flickr, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummies4tummies/3237422551
As a follow-up to my previous post, here’s a mouth-watering Mexican Wedding Cookies recipe you will not got enough of. The store-bought cookies will lose its meaning. All other recipes will pale in comparison. I made this batch with my SIL as part of a care package for my eldest brother and wife.
Mmm, they are delicious!
For all you cookie monsters:
« « Giveaway: Choose from seven $25 gift cards
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar + more to coat
- 3/4 cups nuts, chopped – we used pecans
- Soften butter by letting it stand for 30-45 minutes at room temperature OR cut into chunks and allow to stand for 15 minutes at room temperature
- Chop nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour and salt) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour and salt, then 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar. Mix until just blended. Add chopped nuts. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Tip: Do not let cookies turn golden brown. Roll in confectioners’ sugar while still hot. Let cool. Coat in confectioners’ sugar a second time.
| February is… » »