Peanut Butter Cookies
I made these cookies a little over a year ago. I’m normally an anything-morsels lover (like my fave Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe), but spotting Kevin & Amanda’s Peanut Butter Cookies (made with Honey Roasted Peanuts!)….there was no way I’d pass up making a batch.
I upped the peanut butter by 1/4 cup. I wanted this to be an over-the-top cookie, so for half the cookies, I dipped them in melted chocolate before adding more nutty goodness.
The other half of the cookies, I kept as is, away from the chocolate. Either way you make ’em, the peanut butter flavor is nutrageously good.
Last year's post:
« « Best Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 (16 oz) jar honey roasted peanuts – I used Planters brand
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla – I like Nielsen Massey
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar + a dash of cinnamon for rolling
- Soften butter by letting it stand for 30-45 minutes at room temperature OR cut into chunks and allow to stand for 15 minutes at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add the peanuts to the workbowl of a food processor and process for 4 minutes until smooth. Add salt to taste if desired (I didn’t add any).
- Beat butter, sugars, and 1 1/4 cups of homemade peanut butter on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then add to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls, and roll in cinnamon sugar. Use a fork to press flat, making a crisscross pattern. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes until edges just start to turn golden (mine baked between 6-9 minutes).
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
(Recipe adapted from Kevin & Amanda)
Increase the yum factor (to room temp cookies):
- Semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Dry roasted peanuts, chopped
I don’t recall exactly how much morsels I used. If I had to guess, maybe a cup? It’s basically for every 1/2 cup morsels, add 1/2 teaspoon Crisco, then melt (I used my double boiler). Dip cookies, then top with chopped peanuts. Yum!
| Irish Cream Bundt Cake » »