This is the 3rd pumpkin recipe I’ve made this month. I’m pleased to say I’ve satisfied my pumpkin binge. Now it’s time to make a dent on the 40,836,529 recipes on my list. LOL.
But of course I made modifications to the original recipe! I used a tube pan (’cause I don’t have loaf pans), added 4 ingredients, made a couple of replacements, and added a Cinnamon/Butter/Sugar topping. Lemme just say Starbucks’s Pumpkin Loaf ain’t got nothin’ on this Pumpkin Bread!
Ingredients (buttermilk not pictured)
To view photo in Flickr, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummies4tummies/2987852280
« « Halloween Recipes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
*The buttermilk I purchased was spoiled even though it hadn’t reached the expiration date yet. Dontcha hate that? So in its place, I used 2/3 cup milk + 2/3 tablespoon white vinegar. I waited 5 minutes before stirring.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease tube pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 1st seven ingredients until well blended. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice. Put white chocolate chips in small bowl and use a teaspoon of the dry ingredients mixture to coat the white chips. Add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Add the white chocolate chips (& excess flour) and stir until all traces of flour are gone. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 70 minutes in the preheated oven. Bread is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Add topping while bread is still hot from the oven.
Cinnamon Topping (you’ll maybe only use 1/2 of this):
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix the ingredients together. While bread is still hot and in tube pan, poke holes in the bread, and use a spoon to drizzle the Cinnamon Topping. Wait a few minutes then transfer bread to platter, inverting it. Poke holes in bread, and drizzle with the topping. Wait a few minutes, then flip over. Add more topping, if desired.
| November is also… » »