Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
As a follow-up to Pumpkin Spice Cake, these muffins are super! They are exceptional once they’ve cooled down (I have a habit of trying goodies while they’re still hot, so these muffins were initially disappointing).
I modified the original recipe here and there, and it is divine! And next time…I won’t bother with paper liners because the muffins stick to ’em. I can’t allow such goodness go to waste. LOL.
To view photo in Flickr, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummies4tummies/2963109915
You may also like:
« « REVIEW: Berry Medley Crêpe
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour muffin pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt). Coat semisweet chocolate chips in flour mixture, then remove with fork to *sift* out excess. In separate bowl, beat sugar, apple sauce, and eggs. Add pumpkin and water. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly in pan. Drop in white morsels. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
| REVIEW: Sweet Factory » »