Oreo Triple Layer Chocolate Pie
Do you love chocolate pie? (C’mon, you know you do!) And Oreos too? Well, I just may have the perfect dessert for you! (Hey, that rhymes!)
Ingredients to make this heavenly pie
Before it’s all dressed-up with chopped Oreos…
…and this Lindt dark chocolate
Yes, it tastes every bit as sinful as it looks!
Same exact pie, topped with grated dark chocolate (instead of Oreos)…
- 24 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted – I used Land O’Lakes unsalted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounce) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- Chocolate bar, optional
- Using food processor, finely ground 24 Oreo cookies
- Melt butter
- Thaw Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix melted butter with the ground Oreos. Press firmly onto bottom and up the sides of pie plate (mine is 9.5-inches). Bake oreo crust for 3 minutes (at 350 degrees), then reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees, and continue baking for 4 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour milk into large mixing bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat until well blended (mine took 4+ minutes on medium speed on my Kitchen Aid). Mixture will be thick.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding into crust, then place in freezer for 15 minutes. Gently stir 1/2 of the whipped topping into remaining pudding; spread over pudding layer in crust. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (or overnight).
- Chop Oreos. Using vegetable peeler, make chocolate shavings with chocolate bar (optional). Decorate pie (or each slice, like I did) before serving.
(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)
PS: Something else I’ve made with Oreos…
Black and White Cookie Ripple Coffee Cake
More pie recipes:
Pies make the world go 'round:
Two years ago (2010):
Four years ago (2008):
« « Buca di Beppo has a $10 off coupon good through Aug 19
Oh yeah, I’m giving away two sets of Kona Coffee. Stay tuned!
| Free drink at Waffle House through Aug 31 » »