Bread Pudding with white bread
Last Friday, I had made this bread pudding. I wanted more dessert-like quality and not breakfast food. LOL. Learning from my previous day’s mistake (of using too much bread) and wanting to change the game somewhat, I made a few replacements to the original recipe. Reading pages upon pages of the reviews helped too, LOL.
I used fresh white bread (Weber’s), 1 less egg, heavy whipping cream and milk, brown and white sugars. I also let the bread soak for an hour before baking. Verdict: It is delicioso!
To view photo in Flickr, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummies4tummies/3114504557
It’s nearly 3/4″ thick
It deflated during cool-down and it’s more of a “bar”, but I looooove the flavor.
Next go-round I’ll make it with some sort of sauce, but truthfully, it doesn’t need it. I may also skip letting it stand for an hour to see what happens.
More yummy goodies:
« « Bread Pudding -> French Toast
- 8 slices white bread–I used Weber’s
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 cup brown sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8 inch square baking pan with butter.
- Break bread into small pieces in baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream, milk, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Let stand for 1 hour. Sprinkle 1/8 cup brown sugar for topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
This super-easy recipe is a keeper!
| Pecan Shortbread Bars » »