Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
I made a similar recipe a few years ago, and uh, I wasn’t impressed. After seeing this recipe in “Taste of Home”, I just knew I had to make ’em! I had left out the cream cheese 45 minutes longer than I normally would have (about an hour) and surprisingly, that was the key in how delicious these are!!!
I went back and compared the first recipe… and the main differences are the vinegar (one uses cider vinegar, the other regular white) and an additional cup of morsels. Then I read all the reviews and one person suggested letting the cream cheese soften for an hour or two. Too funny! Sometimes what initially seems to be a bad thing is actually good!
I'll take one of each, please:
« « Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa–I used Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let cream cheese soften in mixing bowl for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate and peanut butter chips; set aside.
- For cupcakes, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields: Approximately 18 cupcakes
| RANDOM PHOTO: Only a Smart Car! » »