Marshmallow Treats with morsels
To view photo in Flickr, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummies4tummies/3783339163
When I brought these to work recently, a few people said it brought them back to their childhood. Funny thing is it does for me, too. Each and every time. My mom used to make these, until I learned how to do it. The 3 main ingredients are Rice Krispies cereal, stick of butter, and a bag of marshmallows.
My personal touch is dropping in morsels here and there. Just don’t make these on a warm night (like I did), otherwise the morsels will melt and it won’t look purty.
See what I mean?
They were still yummy as ever!
Chocolate chip yummies:
« « REVIEW: Cappucino Praline, Pistachio Strawberry Pomegranate, Chocolate Raspberry
- Rice Krispies cereal–I bought the smaller box (12 oz) and only used 9-10 oz. of it
- 1 stick Land O’Lakes unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag of large white marshmallows
- Semi-sweet morsels
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly, until well-blended. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Wait until mixture has cooled. Drop in a few morsels here and there in between transferring globs of mixture to 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Use waxed paper to press down evenly and firmly. Cut into desired squares when cool.
| August is… » »